Sep

Quantum Turns Two

Posted by : E.v.R. | On : September 27, 2007

On September 27th, 2005 I decided to launch a place where I could talk about my hobby of writing. It all started with this post. Two years have gone by in the blink of an eye. As I look back on the various incarnations of this site, it’s fun to get a bit nostalgic over what I think are the more memorable bits.

As any reader here knows, I’m fond of structure. For me, most of the creative process, its burps and hiccups, revolve around structure and the role it plays in shaping the overall work. Story DNA was probably my first post focusing on this apsect, and little did I know there would be many more to come.

As I strafed the topic of my fiction, I discussed dystopias, and battled it out between fantasy vs. sci-fi. 2005 was my first time for NaNoWriMo. I had a hunch about geneplore long before my 2006 discovery of the geneplore model.

Of course who could forget my debates with Melly over art vs. entertainment.

Another 2006 revelation was 7 Secrets of Writing Scene by Scene. That was a huge one for me, as the blindly-draft-hundreds-of-pages method has never been anything but failure for me.

I have fond memories of the folks over at Writer Unboxed getting a kick out of my writing on the wall. I still have the shower crayons, and yes still use them.

2007 brought some finality to my evaluation of writing methods & techniques, along with good habits to help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. It should go without saying that great software always helps.

Thanks for coming along with me on this crazy adventure, and may we have many more!

Comments (9)

1. Therese Walsh said on 27-09-2007

Happy Anniversary, Quantum! :)

2. melly said on 27-09-2007

Eric, I disagree! ;)
    Happy birthday to the blog and congrats — it’s an achievement. You’ve managed to write on a regular basis for two years.
    And I’m so honored to be part of the nostalgia :)
    To many more years and fun experiences/posts to share.

3. KG said on 28-09-2007

Happy 2nd blogiversary to you, Eric!

(And many more………….)

4. Kathleen Bolton said on 28-09-2007

Happy blogiversary, Eric! You’re one of our favs!

5. E.v.R. said on 28-09-2007

Thanks all. When are your blogiversaries?

6. Therese Walsh said on 28-09-2007

Writer Unboxed will be two on Jan 21st. Time flies! At the same time, I look at that and think, “It’s only been two years??” We’ll have to do something special for the blogversary. Maybe another contest.

7. E.v.R. said on 28-09-2007

Yeah, it’s really not that much time. Just seems long to me because I haven’t published anything. But then I have a full time job and writing is just on the side, so I try not to be too hard on myself.

8. KG said on 29-09-2007

I missed my own 1st blogiversary this past May. I better do something special for my 2nd one or my blog might be really mad at me! ;-)

9. E.v.R. said on 01-10-2007

Use Google Calendar, or set a calender event in your phone. That’s what I did, otherwise I would have never remembered.